Day 21: Thankful for Solitude

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I spent the whole day by myself, all alone at my house. This isn't a normal occurrence but the boyfriend had to work from 6am - 4pm, then went straight to the gym, so he didn't get home til about 6ish.

Leaving me all by my lonesome for the entire day.

I am thankful that I am the type of person who is absolutely fine spending time on my own. I can definitely entertain myself. For example, I practiced curling my hair using a tutorial from The Small Things Blog and practiced highlighting and contouring my face using a tutorial from Maskcara.

Side note: Do any of you highlight and contour? Any tips you can give me? I can't quite tell if I'm making a difference in the way I look. I kind of think my nose looks slightly narrower but I might be imagining it. Now if only there were a makeup fix for my lazy left eye...

Spent a little time browsing FB and entering every damn Silhouette Cameo/Portrait giveaway on the blogs I follow...I want to win one soooo bad!

I also made my Christmas budget and created a "manfriend" board on Pinterest for gift ideas for Chris.

I'm really trying to stick to my budget this year. Absolutely no gifts on credit which I've previously done because I've bought some big ticket items and utilized the 0% financing deals to pay them off same as cash. I am just not interested in making another payment on something...so cash it is!

I got out of the house for a little while to run to Bed, Bath, and Beyond to pick up a gift off my cousin's registry...I figured it would be too crazy to do it Friday or Saturday. Then I got home in time to make a delicious Swiss Chicken dinner.

Even though I am ok with spending the day on my own I am more thankful that I share my life and home with Chris. Eventually I think I would go stir crazy if I was by myself all the time!

What about you? Do you like being alone or do you prefer to be around people? What's your favorite thing to do when you're all by yourself? I sometimes will YouTube Zumba videos and have a mini dance party in the living room...living on the edge I tell ya!




Sig

You Might Also Like

0 comments