The calendar says it's this teacher's summer vacation but it doesn't feel like it with the two professional development days and preparing for summer school.
Since I was so excited about school ending last week, I forgot about some of the other cool stuff that happened - so I though I would shared some additional fun from the past two weeks.
1. Uh, have you ever Zorbed? It's basically a human-sized hamster ball. What you see up there in the big picture is what I saw when I walked my very eager students out to field day last week. I have to say the parents who thought this one up made about every 6th grader's dream come true on the last day of school with renting not one, but two of those puppies. And let me tell ya, they are a workout!
2. New easy dinner alert: Grilled Pesto Shrimp Skewers. Or say to hell with the skewers and just put the shrimp in the oven to bake for about 8 minutes.
3. I finally qualified for an Influenster Vox Box! Free samples always make for a great mail day. I'll be sharing what I got soon.
4. Kick off to summer mani in "Cabana Boy".
5. Even though, I semi-whined about my summer spending habits on Wednesday, I feel on top of my budget game. When you get paid two month's worth of salary at once, I feel as though it is necessary to know where your money is going. One less thing to worry about this summer!
Bonus: My Sleep Number bed is being delivered on Wednesday! I can't wait to finally sleep on it and share all about it. I keep hearing such great things from my friends who already have one.
This weekend I'm putting the final touches on my summer school lesson plans, having a patio dinner with a sorority sister and fellow teacher, and a Card's game on Saturday night. Hopefully the rain can stay away so we can have some fun!
Have a great weekend!