Day 8: Thankful for Technology in Education

Thursday, November 08, 2012

This week I offered extra credit to my students to watched the election results but instead of breaking out the paper map to keep track of the electoral votes I turned to social media. Over 30 of my students live tweeted or instagrammed results. All. Night. Long. Even after I signed off and went to bed. The next day at school, the students were so excited to continue the conversations we were having online. It is times like this where I love how technology has impacted education. Although my activity wasn't without some hiccups, there was some very inappropriate language used not by my students but their friends which made me nervous but I just kept reporting everything to Instagram so it would disappear.

I'm so thankful that I can use not just social media but so many awesome technology tools in my classroom to help my students learn and explore the world.

You Might Also Like

0 comments