Day 3: Thankful for My Grandma

Saturday, November 03, 2012




I've grown up only having one grandparent on both my mom and dad's side of the family. My mom's mom, Grandma Bonnie to me, has always been a special lady in my life. I lived with her for six years and in that time she taught me so much and I know her lessons have helped shape me in to the woman I am today.

A little bit about Grandma. Grandma is the crafty one in our family - she used to make our clothes, hair bows, and dolls when were little. As time went on she learned to quilt and create other home furnishings - I currently have two quilts and my living room curtains were sewn by Grandma. Almost all of my Christmas ornaments were hand crafted by her as well as two of my "teacher" bags (which seriously look like Vera Bradley, they're that good). She is also one of the best cooks around and an amazing gardener. I'm pretty sure she is good at everything.



I love my grandma and I'm so thankful she is in my life.





Sig

You Might Also Like

0 comments