Swiss Chicken

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Swiss Chicken is one of my favorite Sunday night dinners. It cheesy, chicken-y, and delicious.

My mom started making it about 10 years ago and it quickly became one of our family favorites. This dish is in heavy rotation at our house, usually made about every two weeks. A pan feeds us for dinner and gives us leftovers for lunch.

I'm pretty sure that the recipe came from either Kraft or Campbell's, and a quick Google search for 'Swiss Chicken' will bring up a plethora of similar recipes but this is how I do it:

Source
Swiss Chicken
Ingredients:
  • 4-5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I use frozen)
  • 1 can of cream of chicken soup
  • 4-5 slices of Swiss cheese
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • Stove Top Stuffing for chicken
  • 1.5 tbsp margarine or as I call it, stick butter.
Place chicken breasts in a foil lined baking pan. Combine soup and milk, pour over chicken. Place a slice of cheese on each chicken breast. Sprinkle on stuffing mix, don't be stingy. Place a pat of margarine on each chicken breast. Cover with foil and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour. Remove foil for the last 10-15 minutes so the stuffing can crisp slightly.

My oven is crazy so I end up having to cook mine for like an hour and half but it is still SO worth it. I usually like to make some broccoli and cheese rice as a side.

Have you made anything delicious lately? I am back on my meal planning kick after taking two weeks off. This week I'm keeping things simple with burgers, shrimp pasta, smoked sausage, and breakfast for dinner.

Have a great week!



Sig

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. my mom makes a recipe just like this and it is so good!! i really need to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so simple and soooo delicious! I'll be making this very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Question............you do NOT prepare the stuffing as directed on package.........you just sprinkle it over the top?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is correct, just sprinkle it on and place a couple pats of butter on top. I usually do a pat on each chicken breast.

      Delete
    2. OHMYGOSH! This is outstanding! Thanks for sharing it!

      Delete