October Birchbox

Monday, October 29, 2012

October has almost come and gone. What is it about the last three months of the year that just makes them fly by?

But as I was looking at my calendar I realized that I never shared my October Birchbox. So here it goes!

For some reason I have stopped receiving e-mails from Birchbox so I didn't get the chance to request the Goop box but from what I have seen around the interwebs it didn't seem to contain anything super special. This month I received:

  • Harvey Prince Eau Flirt Perfume
  • theBalm cosmetics Mary-Lou-Manizer
  • Mox Botanicals Lip Butter
  • Mighty Leaf Tea
  • LiQWd The Perfect Wave
  • LiQWd SiLK Professional Deep Conditioning Treatment
Overall, I felt pretty "meh" about this box. I didn't like the smell of the lip butter (pomegranate and fig) and I'm not really a fan of getting stuff for my hair and it seems like I do every month. Can't a sister get a nail polish?

I believe November will be my last box before my subscription expires and I can't decide if I should renew. I definitely have enjoyed that little pink box showing up in the mail and trying new things but it seems about every three months or so I get a "dud" box. I have adjusted my profile twice to try and receive things I would be more interested in but no dice.

For those of you out there with a Birchbox, what are your thoughts? I have been shopping around for other beauty sample subscriptions and I'm intrigued by Ipsy. It's the same price and it seems to have more product samples that are up my alley.


Sig

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. My box was a major dud this month! I didn't even bother photographing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pic is from the Birchbox website, blah!

      Delete