GBU - 2013 Goals Edition

Monday, December 31, 2012

What the what? 2012 is just about to call it quits. Time to look back on my 2012 resolutions and see how I did...good, bad, and ugly style!

The Good: I finished my Masters degree! This has helped me tremendously, not only in my classroom but in the salary department as well. Holla!

Also, I spent more time at the gym than ever before.Over the summer, I didn't even feel like I had arthritis because my body felt so strong because I was exercising everyday. While I'm never really a numbers person when it comes to weight, the scale has been pretty friendly this year.

Aaaannd in the last four weeks I have quit smoking! That's right...I'm calling myself a quitter!


The Bad: Making some decorating decisions. Well, uh....work in progress? One of my specific goals was to get rid of the vertical blinds through out the main level of the house. I only succeeded in half of one room.

Before: Vertical blinds and a random hanging light. After: Golden yellow damask print curtains and no light!
We have some plans for 2013 that will hopefully add a little more warmth to the house, including sprucing up our bedroom and upgrading some kitchen appliances.

The Ugly: Goal wise - I don't think anything really belongs here for 2012. There were some low points of course but no use in rehashing. Bring on the new year!

So...what's on tap for 2013?

1. Continue my healthy lifestyle by heading to the gym whenever possible.
2. Continue to be cigarette free.
3. Try one of those "Green Monster" smoothies I see on Pinterest. Yes, seriously, vegetables scare me so much I have to make a resolution for them.
4. Reduce our debt monster by paying off Chris' car and two of our student loans and continue using our zero based budget.
5. Wash my face and floss everyday. I'm hygienic, I swear but sometimes it is just so tempting to go to bed before doing either.
 6.  Get together with my girlfriends at least once a month. We did have a standing date every month but we kind of fell off the wagon these past six months. We have to make the effort!
7. Continue blogging regularly. Again, I doubled the amount of posts I made in 2012. It makes me so happy to look back week after week and see what's going on in my life.
8. Take 15 more hours of graduate credit by the start of the 2013 school year.
9. Go on some kind of vacation, nothing major but at least be able to go somewhere.

There. Challenging but yet totally doable. What kind of goals are you setting in 2013?

2013. That sounds so weird to even say. I remember in 4th grade, our teacher let the students design the monthly bulletin board and we came up with "Wacky School Year 2000" for reasons I can't quite remember (it was 1994). The two thousands always sounded so zainy and now here we are thirteen years in. Cray.

Happy new year!


Incorporating Color
Sig

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Way to go - finishing your master's and quitting smoking? 2012 was a good year for you! :)

    ReplyDelete