12-12-12 and A-ha Moments

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

I can't not post on a special numbered day like this one.

12. 12. 12.

It won't happen again until 01-01-2101.

Pretty special day if you ask me!

Unfortunately nothing really special has happened today. Pretty normal actually.

I let my 5th hour watch the clock at 12:12 and they all cheered out loud then went back to work like nothing happened. I only wish I had video of that moment.

Today I taught my lovelies about the Mediterranean vegetation zone and a student asked how I knew that it was spelled with two "r"s. And I told them I remembered the same way I remember that Caribbean has two "b"s - because I would love 2 BE in the Caribbean all the time. Something I taught them when we studied the Caribbean about a month ago.

A student in the back piped up, "OHHHHH, now I get it!"

I couldn't help but laugh.Those little a-ha moments that make you smile. I then regaled them with my a-ha moment, the day I figured out how Burger King's Croissan'wich is actually pronounced. Even though I knew it was a breakfast sandwich on a croissant it never clicked with me that it was pronounced CRUH-SAN-WICH.

Whenever I saw it, I always said it in my head as CROW-ZIN-WICH.

No joke.

And that a-ha moment may have only been about 5 years ago.

You got any a-ha moments that make you just want to smack your head now that you that you think about it? Make me feel less silly and share yours!



Sig

You Might Also Like

0 comments