Valentine's Banner

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Valentine's Day is just around the corner and it is time to get some decorations up around the house. I feel a little weird putting up the hearts and such in January but V-Day is one of those holidays that doesn't get a whole month leading up to it to enjoy decorations so you gotta get 'em up early if you wanna enjoy them.


Bunting is just the cutest and being that I had two made by a friend for Halloween and Christmas, I thought I would try my hand at making my own for my "mantle".


The Cricut Magazine was the inspiration for this and I think it is adorbs, love the colors. I cut out almost all the shapes using the Tie the Knot cartridge on my Cricut...everything but the hearts. I wanted them to look a little imperfect. It's good to know that my 2nd grade heart making skills are still in tact.


The most difficult thing for me when paper crafting is layering patterns. My brain has a hard time wrapping around pairing together busy things. I tend to think in an organized structure, stripes must go with stripes, dots with dots, etc. Yes, I color inside the lines too.

Choosing the patterns for this banner almost had me in a panic, I mean take a look at what I've got going on here...dots, gingham, flowers, stripes...OH MY! But it works. Keeping the colors similar helps make the banner feel cohesive even when the patterns are a little cray-cray.


Did I mention the best thing about this l'il slice of V-Day decor was made for zero dollars? Yep, I was able to piece everything together with supplies I already had. Although it took me about an hour and half because I had to dig through all of my bins to find what I needed. My craft room needed to be put together like yesterday. But there are plans on the horizon...President's Day Weekend. Stay tuned!


I'm linking up with:

Home Stories A2Z
HookingupwithHoH

You Might Also Like

0 comments