ReMATch

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

 Our welcome mat has started to look a little unwelcoming...


So instead of buying a new one I thought I could breathe some new life into it with a little paint. I had some tester pots I bought last summer for the kitchen and about a quart of navy paint left over from painting the door last September so I broke them out and used a little sponge brush to dab a bit of paint on to the letters and surrounding circles.

It really was that simple, in about ten minutes I went from this:


 To this:




And all for the price of free! I'm testing it outside to see if the paint lasts before going back and painting the rest of the circles. I'm not exactly sure how the interior paint will hold up in the elements. We're due for some rain tomorrow so hopefully I will have a verdict for you soon. But for now I'm a happy camper!






You Might Also Like

0 comments