Snow Day!

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Woo Hoo! Nothing like a snow day after coming back from a week and half break. I don't think I will ever underestimate the sound of the phone ringing before 6am to tell me that we don't have school...even if I do go to school til June I still love having an unplanned day off. It was kind of funny how my whole day started off anyhow. Since I was exhausted yesterday after getting about only 2 hours of sleep I went to bed around 9:15 (not on purpose, dosed off watching One Tree Hill) and I set my alarm for 4am...don't ask me why, I thought I might get up and do some school work and to school early...yeah right. But anywho...I finally get out of bed around 5am and start getting ready. I don't know what possessed me but I decided to turn on the news and lo and behold there were school closings....be still my heart. Being early there weren't a whole lot reporting BUT the City of St. Charles and Duchesne (my alma mater) were off, then Wentzville and Troy called off, but no Warren Co. R- III. I was stunned....we are the school that gets called off when there is a chance of snow, but it was still early so I decided to wait. 


By 6am, still nothing.

I begrudginly decided to go start my car to let it warm up but I was already in the mindset of not going to school...I mean I shouldn't go to school, there is ice everywhere, literally my street was an ice rink! So after walking ever so carefully to my car and back inside the house, I immediately checked the phone...nothing. I am thinking to myself, "Really, WE have school today." At 6:03am I called in the sub...highways were closed and it just seemed dangerous. At 6:08am, school was called off. NICE!

So I went back to bed and slept til 1pm, and let me say I do feel refreshed. But on a bad news front, Chris called me and his car got broken into last night...his iPod, GPS (brand new from Christmas), and ipod charger were all stolen. The car was locked, all the items were out of sight, but that didn't stop the thieves. My car was broken into last week outside of his house but I left the door unlocked and there was nothing to take so I thought, "no big deal." My car has been broken into once before and my family has had a car stolen also...it just sucks. You just feel powerless, your stuff is just gone and you've got to deal with it. Hopefully, Chris's insurance will take care of the damage to the car and replace his stolen items. Hopefully...

You Might Also Like

0 comments