Something New: Swagbucks

Monday, May 28, 2012

It's officially summer and while I've had my countdown going for quite sometime, now that it's here I almost don't know what to do with myself. I went on a cleaning binge last weekend so I've only had to spot clean here and there and since I'm not teaching summer school I feel a tad bit guilty that I'm not pulling in any income to add to our emergency fund (darn you Dave Ramsey!)

While I know I don't want a part time job I am interested in generating some kind of earnings for crafty projects and stuff around the house doing things I already do...like perusing the internet. Recently I stumbled across Money Saving Mom (nope, not a mom yet but she has some great tips!) and she had a link for SwagBucks.

Search & Win


What is SwagBucks?

"Swagbucks.com is an online portal dedicated to helping you earn digital dollars called "Swag Bucks", which can be redeemed for exclusive Swagbucks.com merchandise."
I was a little leery at first but after reading Money Saving Mom and how she was able to earn gift cards to places like Amazon.com I thought it couldn't hurt to poke around and try it out.

Earning SwagBucks is pretty simple, conduct web searches, watch videos, play games, and find codes for SwagBucks on Facebook and  Twitter. Easy peasy.

I just signed up today and I've racked up 130 SwagBucks doing regular activities like searching the web. It takes about 450 Swagbucks to earn a $5 gift card to Amazon...at this rate I could earn one each week!

Wanna try it out yourself? Click the banner below and start earning yourself some free swag!

Search & Win

Do you already use SwagBucks? If so, what have you earned already or are you saving up for something big?




Sig

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I LOVE Swagbucks and it's so easy to earn the points! Get in the habit to type whatever website or thing you might Google in the customized web search for SB and earn points like crazy! I used to get the $5 Amazon cards and stock pile them for presents, now that's how I get my Starbucks gift cards and don't feel bad spending the money because it was free!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome! I'm glad to hear another positive review. I didn't realize how much I searched on Google everyday - all today I started to go Google and then caught myself and went to my SB toolbar - it was so fun when the SwagBucks would pop up. I'm all about novelty! Hopefully I can keep it up!

      Delete