May Birchbox

Monday, May 14, 2012

This month's Birchbox was a collaboration with the CW's Gossip Girl which I was mucho excited about. I am a huge fan of the show and will be tuning in tonight to see all the Chair, Dair, and Derena action during the season finale. (Would you guess that I'm a grown woman with that last sentence?)


But I have to say my Birchbox was a bit of a disappointment mostly because I had been reading about the possible box contents (Dior, Stila, etc) on Facebook and I received none of those items I had seen mentioned. Also, I received another repeat item - not the exact same but a similar product as last month.


My favorite thing wasn't even a beauty product this month, it was the cute XOXO note card and hot pink envelope. Other items I received:

  • Arquiste Flor y Canto perfume
  • Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream
  • FusionBeauty LipFusion Balm
  • Ojon Damage Reverse Restorative Conditioner
Don't get me wrong I love trying everything out but I am little bummed with this box - it just isn't me. I've tried adjusting my beauty profile on Birchbox.com but other choices don't fit me at all. Hopefully next month will be back on track!

What was in your Birchbox?



Sig

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I received my first Birchbox and I too was disappointed with the samples. Does it normally seem to fit you better?

    Andrea
    www.spraypaintandastaplegun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually I'm real excited about the box. The one thing that is bugging me is the repetitive products like in April I received a nail and cuticle ointment and then this month I got a hand and nail cream. This happened in Feb and March too...received two different hair oils. And while the perfume sample are always lovely to get, I'm just real picky about scents and I only seem to get florals. Hopefully things start to look up!

      Delete
  2. I was bummed about my Birchbox too, especially since it was my first. I lucked out with Stila eyeliner, but that's about it!

    ReplyDelete