Bowling Layout

Monday, January 17, 2011

So I made a promise to myself to work on Chris and I's four year scrapbook today because it is WAY behind! (The 5th year scrapbook is supposed to be due in just 5 months...oops!) I put together a two page layout for our outing to Flamingo Bowl down off Washington St. during Spring Break.



 Here's the whole spread. Apologies on the photo quality. It was dark, I was lazy, so this is what I get. The letters were cut from the Lyrical Letters cartridge at 2 1/2", the "BOWL" part was cut at real dial size.

Close up of page 1. We went with our good friends the Alvarezes
Close up of page 2. A highlight of Chris' excitement to bowl.
I tried my best to make this look filmstrip-ish, cutting each of the pictures the same size and lining them up with minimal space between each.
This flamingo was cut at 4" from the Life's a Beach cartridge.
As mentioned above, I used Lyrical Letters for this page...does anyone have trouble with this cartridge cutting cleanly? I had to cut my letters at least twice on medium speed and medium pressure and that still did not produce desired results. Maybe I just need some more practice...

I am still feeling really blah, so I am not as excited as I should be about the creation of this page. But it turned out nicely for the time spent on it. When I was in my craft space today I noticed I had quite a few pages done that I hadn't posted. So hopefully I will get those up rather soon.

Back to school tomorrow!

You Might Also Like

0 comments