Weekend Wrap Up

Monday, July 07, 2014


Happy Monday!

I think Mondays are only happy in the summer - or when it's holiday.

After viewing Facebook this morning I feel like my weekend should have been spent head to toe in red, white, and blue, in a pool/on a lake/engaging some kind of water activity, eating copious amounts of BBQ, and watching/setting off fireworks. Seriously, is it just me or does every holiday seem bigger than before? I know I've read articles about how parents feel that have to celebrate every holiday with perfect Pinterest crafts, Elf on the Shelf, etc.? But many of my friends are without kids. I don't know - maybe I'm just being a a bit curmudgeonly but it just seems like so much work to enjoy something.

Despite my little side rant just now, I didn't spend the weekend on the couch with the blinds drawn - that was only Sunday. I did manage to make it to the Cardinals game on Saturday with my entire family. Unfortunately, we lost in the 9th inning. But it was still a great game - saw back to back home runs! We then BBQ'd back at our house.


Today I'm hanging out with my friend Emily - were headed to lunch and then crafting. Fun times. The rest of the week will be spent in workshops and hopefully putting together the TV console for the living room. Pictures to come soon!


Sig

You Might Also Like

0 comments