An Experiment

Monday, July 14, 2014

So Chris and I have decided to try a little experiment for the next two weeks (at least)...we're going gluten-free.

Cue scary, ominous tones.

I'm nervous, REAL nervous. I love food. More specifically, I love only certain foods. What can I say...I'm a creature of habit. I can eat the same thing without getting tired of it for months, even years. I've been eating oatmeal and toast every morning for breakfast for about a year and half now - I eat so many oats, I buy 10 pound bags from Sam's every two months or so. 60 pounds of oats per years, friends. And I'm changing it up!

You might be wondering why?

Frankly, we're tired of feeling like crap. We have zero energy to do anything and we pretty much feel sick all the time. Not a day goes by that one of us isn't complaining about a migraine, our joints, or something. I also stumbled across this article, 10 Signs You're Gluten Intolerant, and between Chris and I, we display 8 out of 10 signs. I've got rheumatoid arthritis/psoriasis and he's got fibromyalgia.

So we figured, why not?

If we don't feel any better, oh well. We will have at least not eaten fast food for two weeks and we definitely need to kick that habit.

But if we do feel better (and I'm really hoping we do) - this could mean a lot of good things for us -like maybe not having to take so much medication and being able to enjoy our daily lives. That would definitely be a plus.

So for the next two weeks - no bread, doughnuts, oatmeal, cinnamon rolls, waffles, buns, Pop-Tarts, ice cream cones, fast food, or fun  gluten.

Wish me luck!

Oh, and if you're gluten free, tips and tricks would be appreciated. I didn't go crazy at the store this week buying gluten free this and that, just mostly sticking to proteins, vegetables, and fruits, But I'd love to hear any recommendations you might have. Thanks!


Sig

You Might Also Like

0 comments