A Living Room & a Lamp

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Lamps.com provided me with a product to review. All opinions are my own.

Can we talk about the situation that is my living room?

We've lived in our house about 3 and half years now and we've made some pretty good strides in the decor department.

We've gone from a random hanging light, vertical blinds, and nothing on the walls.


To this:


We've also swapped out the blinds for curtains (which you'll see in a bit).

And then we've kind of stalled. It's not that we didn't have ideas -we had plenty. It was more the fact that we couldn't make decisions on what we wanted our space to look like.

We got comfortable. So comfortable in fact - we lived with this for more time than I would care to admit.




The plastic lampshade broke off after being jostled one too many times of closing the curtains. But it still worked. So lived with it we did.

Until the nice people at Lamps.com decided to help us step our lamp game up. We were able to browse hundreds of lamps on their easy to navigate site all from the comfort of my couch.


I had a hard time deciding a midst all the choices but ultimately chose to upgrade to a similar style floor lamp with one distinct feature...
Adesso Remote Control Floor Lamp

 A REMOTE!

How cool is that? I didn't even know that was an option for lamps! I can sit on the couch and control my lamp with a press of a button. It has certainly been clutch when I'm already snuggled under the covers, ready to watch the latest episode of True Blood, Last Ship, or the Leftovers (my Sunday nights are busy).

Another thing I like about this particular style of lamp is that it will look good even when I decide to change things up in the living room - you might remember this inspiration board...


I dig the polished chrome look - so my new lamp can easily be incorporated and doesn't have to go anywhere. Win!

Lamps.com is a great site to check out for quality lighting and great inspiration. Their Instagram feed is also pretty droolworthy - definitely worth a follow if you enjoy seeing pretty things.



Sig

You Might Also Like

0 comments