3 Birds on Parade Birthday Card

Monday, December 27, 2010

Ah, another week of winter break, the perfect time to explore my new "3 Birds on Parade" cartridge that I got for Christmas. I wanted this cartridge because I thought all the little birds were cute and it had whimsy, plus I thought I could make some cute bulletin boards at school.

My friend, Ashley has a birthday tomorrow so I thought I would make her a card.


 I used Bo Bunny paper to make a 5.5" x 5.5" card and then cut out the "party" bird at 4". All layers were used and cut at 4" as well. I embossed the body layer with my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder. In the the picture it looks like there is a haze around the birdie but that is actually a shadow cut (again at 4") in a silver metallic paper. I needed something to separate all the green!


The inside was the phrase that went with the bird, I really like the font. I inked the edges of the white shadow cut, but as you might be able to tell, it got a little messy but I wasn't too worried about it.

I plan on making more school related things with this cartridge...even though were the bears, not the birds, hah!

You Might Also Like

0 comments