More Holiday Cards

Saturday, November 27, 2010

I got up this morning and kept working on my cards and I have to say I am quite impressed with myself...I even designed two that were originals.

First off was this little gal...isn't she cute? I plan on making her into a tag as well by attaching some ribbon to her back. Although she is missing part of her shoe, she still turned out well for one of my first layered cuts. I am loving the new Cricut Lite Jolly Holiday cartridge that I got from Wal-Mart, however it is going to take me awhile to master these multi-layer designs. Having long nails and intricate, small pieces to glue down have made things quite difficult...luckily I had an old pair of tweezers that are helping me with the really small bits.



The tweezers were necessary for this little guy...again, how stinkin' cute? This was actually really simple to make once I cut out all the pieces, which I have figured out, that putting all my paper on the Cricut mat at one time really makes things go a lot faster.

This was a design that I saw over at Courtney Lane Designs however hers' looks a lot better :) I didn't have the cute papertrey ink paper like she did so I improvised with my swirly paper from KI Memories. Look! I tied a bow....on paper! It was pretty thrilling!


This was one of my original designs from today... a wreath from Jolly Holiday. I used all the layers except for the base, then embellished with some red glitter glue and and another ribbon (both found in the $1 bin at Michael's!)

And now one I am most proud of...another original design. The snowflakes that I used for this card I actually cut out yesterday and ended up not using so this card took even less time to make since I cut the blue and white pieces by hand and added the ribbon. I love the gem in the center and sequins I added at the corners...I pretty much love anything sparkly.



 Don't you love how you can see my messy workspace in the background?  It is amazing that a card actually comes together with the mess I keep on the table.

Hopefully, I will be back soon with another 5 cards (remember, my goal was 10!)  Unfortunately my Thanksgiving break comes to an end tomorrow...back to the grind. Although, only a short 25 days until Winter Break!

You Might Also Like

0 comments