Holiday Crafts

Friday, November 26, 2010

Oh goodness....after the turkey daze settled last night I decided that it would be a great time to start crafting and I really haven't stopped. After hitting the Thanksgiving sale at Michael's, I loaded up on plenty of paper, glitter, ribbons, and God knows what else to make crafts until the cows come home (or at least until Christmas).

So I begin with some gift tags.

I decided this year I would not only adorn my packages with fancy bows (like usual) they would also come accompanied with a handmade gift tag.

I got a new Cricut cartridge (after standing in line for an hour to check out at Wal-Mart last night at midnight) called Jolly Holiday. It had a cute little tag cutout so I just went to town. I made about 8 of these in an hour, just slapping them together. I also purchased these cute stamps from Michaels with a 50% off coupon (yea!)

Then I decided I should make all of my Christmas cards too. I really have some lofty goals for the 2 remaining days of my Thanksgiving break!

So I give you my first attempt:



The  pictures made the background look super dark but I think it turned out pretty well. I cut everything using my Cricut and did some stamping on the inside of the card where I plan to put my sentiment.

The plan for right now is to make 10 different cards...but I can see my self replicating this one, it is just so sparkly...LOVE it!

How I wish these design ideas were all my own but I simply can't take credit. I received inspiration from Busy with the Cricky as well as Everyday Cricut for both of these projects. The ladies that run these blogs are awesome and should bottle their creative juices and sell it...they'd make a killing.

You Might Also Like

0 comments