Sleep Number m7 Memory Foam Bed Review

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The lazy days of summer are here. I can finally catch up on the blog posts I've missed, start and hopefully finish some Pinterest projects, go to my favorite, non-crowded fitness classes at the gym, and definitely SLEEP!

The boyfriend and I have always been night owls - something about late night TV and the surfing the interwebs keeps us going into the wee hours most nights. But during the school year staying up late plus early mornings average me only about 5 hours of sleep a night. Plus, my arthritis and my boyfriend's recently diagnosed Fibromyalgia, makes it difficult for us to get comfortable and stay asleep the whole night. Did I mention that we share a FULL size bed? It was a hand-me-down from my parents and though we were grateful to not have to purchase a new mattress when we moved out of our parents' homes, it had definitely seen better days...when I would lie down, I rolled to the center.

So when Sleep Number contacted me about reviewing one of their beds it didn't take long for us to decide that we needed to give a new bed a chance. It was hard not to throw out the old mattress right then and there in a fit of celebration, but we calmed down and started talking which Sleep Number bed would be the perfect fit for us.

Like most couples, the boyfriend and I have differing sleep styles. I prefer to sleep on my side in the plushest environment possible, while Chris is a stomach sleeper that enjoys a firmer mattress. It was surprising to learn how great the Sleep Number bed is for couples because of the DualAir technology. Each side of the bed has its own air chamber that can be adjusted  by wireless remote to fit our comfort level. After doing a bit of research on the Sleep Number website we were torn between a plush top mattress or memory foam. Luckily, Sleep Number has more than 400 retail locations nation-wide so we were able to schedule an appointment to determine our Sleep Number and test out our potential new mattress options.

We were a little nervous to actually try out the Sleep Number bed at the store because lying on a bed in a middle of a retail environment isn't something we normally do on the daily. But once we arrived, our sales associate, Denny, quickly put us at ease, helping us find our Sleep Number and explaining the differences between the types of Sleep Number beds. It was also an easy going experience, we didn't feel pressured to make a decision on the spot.






"Really, Sara?"
We discovered that both of our Sleep Numbers are relatively low, initially we both found comfort at the same setting of 35 (more on what our Sleep Number is after actually sleeping on the bed later). And while I had to do a little bit of persuasive talking to the boyfriend, we decided on memory foam, the Sleep Number m7 bed. He was apprehensive about choosing memory foam because he had heard from friends that memory foam mattresses are hot to sleep on and can break down over time. His qualms were eased when we learned that the m7 has a layer of CoolFit foam that offers a cooler sleeping surface than other memory foam products and a 25-Year Limited Warranty.

After we ordered our bed, it was about two weeks before delivery. Sleep Number customer service was fantastic about keeping us in the loop concerning the delivery of our new bed, calling us twice to confirm details.

Finally, delivery day came!



I couldn't believe that the bed actually came in boxes and was carried in piece by piece. The bed frame is light weight but heavy-duty molded plastic. I like that I will still be able to move the bed on my own if I need to.



The delivery team had everything setup in about 30 minutes and then gave me a brief tutorial.


I've never been so excited to go to sleep in my entire life!


Something I was a little worried about was whether or not our brand new bedding set would still fit the bed. They do, however, it did take some tugging and pulling to get the fitted sheet in place and I kind of wish I had a king size comforter now just so it had more coverage but overall I was happy that I didn't have to spend any money to replace our bedding or buy special bedding from Sleep Number.

So what was the first night like?

It. Was. Awesome.

I awoke with minimal back and joint pain and felt so refreshed. And the great thing is that I have woke up the past three weeks feeling just as great.

Both Chris and I have adjusted our Sleep Number (using the wireless remote seen below) over the last three weeks, both starting around 30 which is pretty soft, then I went lower and he went higher. It is recommended that you sleep at each setting for about 3 nights so your body can fully adjust to each setting. As of today, my Sleep Number is 35 (just like in the store) and Chris's is 45 - which the average Sleep Number for most users.


I've also noticed that I fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer than before. More sleep is always a good thing in my book!

I really can't say enough great things about this bed and it has been great to get some restful and rejuvenating sleep this summer.

If you are looking to improve your sleep experience, definitely give Sleep Number a try. You can shop online or at Sleep Number store near you. Also, if you have any questions I'd be happy to answer them as best I can, just leave a comment below or e-mail me.

Sig

Disclaimer: I received a Sleep Number  m7 bed for my review. All opinions expressed are my own honest personal feedback..

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. LUCKY GIRL! Now all you need is a cool headboard! We'll get Schlager on that for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think I'll head on to their stores soon. I was actually having second thoughts about this bed because it is just quite expensive. Your review though convinced me that it is well worth it. You can't exchange a good night's rest for money after all. :)
    - NewAirBedSales.com

    ReplyDelete