High Five {Spring Break Edition}

Thursday, March 14, 2013

It's Friday.

The first of 10 days of no trabajo.

I'm wondering what I should do first?

How about link up with Lauren for High Five for Friday and recap this fabulous four day work week. Here goes!

1.  My friend Jody and I have taken to starting our work day with a smile and chanting, "It's going to be the best day ever!" It may be a little hokey, but it makes the day feel just a tiny bit more positive.

2. My cousin, Lauren,  is getting married in May and we kicked off her festivities with her bridal shower last Saturday.

The bride

My sisters and mom
Bridesmaid glasses

The cake my aunt made


The favors
Their new name!

My mom and aunt were in charge of the shower and they definitely brought their "A" game. We ate delicious food and "oohed" and "aahed" over all the neat things they made.  The women on my mom's side are incredibly crafty - nearly everything at the shower was hand/home made - the cake, the favors, the center pieces, and the "bride" headband my cousin wore. They worked really hard and it was neat to see all of it come together. I got in on the action cutting the vinyl initials for all the wine glasses and creating the name print.

3. Signed my contract for the 2013-2014 school year. I don't know why but it always feels good to see that 'confidential' letter in my mailbox, waiting to be signed. It also contained a nice little pay raise for next year too!



4. Got a reply back from The Petersiks on Instagram. (I'm @sara_homelife, you should totally follow me!) Is that silly to be high fiving about a social media shout out with a famous person (at least in my book)?

5. 10. Days. No. Work.

Hope your week was spectacular. Enjoy your weekend!
Sig

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Aw, I love bridal showers, especially for people I am really close to- so fun! I don`t have any coming up, but one of my girlfriends is expecting a baby, so I guess I can settle for a baby shower (less wine though, probably ;)

    Some Snapshots Blog
    Jess

    ReplyDelete