High Five for Friday

Friday, August 24, 2012

Holla! It's Friday!

Fridays mean so much more when you have to actually work through the week. And this week was tough...first full week, 7am faculty meeting, and being at school for 14 hours for open house last night, I am SO ready for the weekend.

The best things about this week:

1. Feeling comfortable in my classroom - while I don't think teaching will ever be something I call easy, this is the first year where I feel confident in my abilities - talking with parents and students about our goals for the year and how I want my classroom to run. I often have many doubts that lead to indecision but I feel like I know what I'm doing...this week at least :)

2. Mid-week Cardinals game with the boyfriend. I may have indulged in a funnel cake, it was delish!

3. The new Zumba class I'm going to on Tuesday nights - I literally have sweat pouring down my face. I definitely need to work on my booty shake but really, who doesn't?

4. Successfully budgeted two weeks and had cash left over! I made the cutest envelopes for my different cash categories too. I may be drinking too much of Dave Ramsey's kool-aid.

5. Celebrated my birthday on Saturday with good friends and good times. 27 is going to be a great year!

Have a great weekend!




Sig

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Happy birthday and first week of school! Those open house days KILL me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so great that you feel great about this teaching year!

    Hope you had a great Sunday! Drop by nichollvincent.blogspot.com and say hello!

    ReplyDelete