Float Trippin'

Monday, July 16, 2012

This past weekend my family headed out on our first ever float trip. I'm not sure if float trips are popular in other states but in Missouri, it's what you do in the summer time. Grab some friends, a raft, a cooler full of cold brew, and float down the Meramac River.

I was slightly nervous because I've only been floating with friends and never with my family but everything went great despite a little rain Friday night.

Hanging out at the campsite before the rain.

A good thing about floating/camping with your parents - the food is way better. We had nachos, fresh fruit, biscuits and gravy, and some other top notch meals. Sure beats the hot dog/hamburger for every meal when we go with friends. My mom even made jello shots, straight from Pinterest!


It has been insanely hot in the midwest the past few weeks and this was one of the first weekends of temps in the low 90s so everyone and their mom headed to the river. I've never seen the river so packed with people - we heard that there was an estimated 5000 people on the river Saturday!  You could literally walk from raft to raft because people were so close together.


Our 5 mile float took almost 7 hours. By the end we were definitely ready to be back at our campsite and away from people who partied just a little too hard.


I don't know what we were doing but this is officially my favorite picture of my dad and I.
Gang's all here!
All in all, a nice weekend away and already looking forward to next year!



Sig

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. We floated this weekend too! We hit up North Fork near West Plains!

    ReplyDelete