Always in Progress

Friday, December 30, 2011

With the start of another year, so come an onslaught of resolutions. I have been thinking the past few days on what I would like to focus on in 2012 but thought I should first revisit last year's goals to see how I did.

Goal #1: Complete 15 hours of coursework towards my Master's Degree. Check! Completed in July 2011


Goal #2: Move more, eat less. Can't say I was really on track with this one as I sit here in my stretchy yoga pants (trust me, I did no yoga) after eating yet another Jack in the Box meal.


Goal #3: Save more money/ pay down my bills faster. The real goal here is to save enough to buy a house but I still don't feel confident in doing that myself yet. So the goal will remain to save 30% of my pay every month and limit the shopping, even when everything seems so cute at the store! Done and done! I bought a house in March of 2011 and continue to save.

Goal #4: Blog more. Indeed I did, in fact I doubled the amount of blog posts in 2011. 61 total!


Wow, 3 out of 4 ain't too shabby. It really pays to set attainable goals because I just got a major boost seeing that I able to accomplish most of what I set out to do in 2011. Picture me doing the happy dance!

1. Put my health first. I have come to the realization that I need to do a better job taking care of me which more and more seems like it is becoming a full time job. While I don't think I ever make an excuses because of my arthritis, I definitely know I could be living a better life. It is my goal to take all of my medications, every day, as well as taking steps to be healthier which includes making changes to my diet, drinking more water, and exercising even when my yoga pants are calling me to sit on the couch and watch the umpteenth episode of Law and Order: SVU.

2. Finish my Masters. After an unexpectedly grueling fall semester I am registered for 6 more hours in the spring semester, leaving just three hours to complete in the summer. Gotta keep on trucking!

3. Make some decorating decisions. We have lived in the new house for almost a year and most of the walls are still bare, no curtains, and we have an entire room with no furniture.

This goal includes getting rid of those bloody vertical blinds, eck!
Yes, making a house a home is a process but it one I actually need to start. The short list of projects in my mind for 2012 include a craft area/office, lighting for the living/dining room, re-painting the kitchen, and a bedroom overhaul. Definitely going to try my luck at the thrift stores, Craigslist, and garage sales and get my DIY on!

4. Trust. This might seem like an odd goal but I have come to realize that I need to let my guard down and put my full trust in those who are closet to me and in myself. Only good things can come of this...I hope.

Are you making any resolutions this year? I find that writing my goals down helps keep me accountable. Here's hoping for a wonderful 2012!

You Might Also Like

0 comments