The ListWednesday, July 13, 2011
So today it hit me that I only have about 24 days left of my summer vacation. Wait, what? 24 days? After the wave of panic washed over me I immediately got into list mode. Here are some things that I hope to accomplish before the start of yet another crazy school year.
- Paint the kitchen a yet undetermined color.
- Paint the maroon kitchen tile border to white or black..still haven't decided.
- Touch up kitchen baseboards.
- Find some GD place mats for the dining room table. (I feel like I have looked everywhere!)
- Order this fantastic bedding from West Elm for the bedroom.
wantneed curtains. Opening and closing a bajillion blinds everyday is beyond annoying. Plus they're hideous.
- Get a hamper for the laundry room.
- Buy a BBQ grill and make a fabulous grilled dinner.
- Attend 3 days worth of curriculum revision
- Supply shopping - markers, colored pencils, desk calendar, air freshener, post-its, and pens.
- Frame this for behind my desk.
- Create some other classroom decor...Martha pom-poms and new door hanger.
- A haircut is in order. I have been rocking the ponytail with bangs pushed back in a headband for 8 solid weeks now, I doubt that would be considered professional dress... unless I was the gym teacher.
- New clothes. I have missed going to the mall and buying clothes for myself since purchasing the house. I have saved a little cash to put towards some new back to school gear to coincide with birthday shopping.
- Lose 5-10lbs. Did I mention I haven't bought new clothes because I currently can't fit into anything I own without an elastic waistband? It might sound backward to not buy bigger clothing but I pretty much refuse.
- Turn 26.
- Read The Help and New Moon
- Finish up my two Master's classes
- Move all my Cricut stuff from parent's house.