Good Morning Indeed!

Sunday, June 26, 2011

With the new improvements made to the kitchen to this weekend, I wanted to get my cook on. It is such a rare occasion that I actually get to cook for more than myself due to Chris and I being on opposite work schedules, so with him off for the weekend my apron strings were tied :)

Pinterest has been a good source of food inspiration and when I came across this from The Village Cook, I knew it must get in my belly.

As far as a name goes for this breakfast bonaza, there isn't really one. Apparently it is a take on something called an 'Idaho Sunrise'.  I'm just gonna call it delicious. Breakfast is my absolute favorite meal and potatos are my favorite food so this is right up my alley. To make you just need frozen shredded hash browns, shredded cheddar, eggs, bacon bits, and parsley. The one pictured above has a cracked egg in the center, I am more of a scrambled egg kind of gal so I scrambled an egg with a little bit of milk before I added it to the center.

Here is how mine turned out

We plan on making them again but instead of bacon, we're going to use sausage. Also, we added a little maple syrup to ours too, it was the perfect touch.

I'm also making dinner tonight, Swiss Chicken with rice and green beans. I'll let you know how it goes, back with more!

Get the recipe from The Village Cook.

You Might Also Like

0 comments