Anniversary Bidness

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Chris and I celebrated our 5 year dating anniversary last Friday night. 5 years. Half a decade. One-Fifth of my existence. In a word, wow. Now, we are not ones to make super big deals out of our dating existence but we like to do a little something special.

I got him a little something something to commemorate the day. I wasn't coming to the table empty handed after my Easter basket surprise. So I racked my brain for something that would be meaningful, useful, and fun to give. Cut to Chris cooking in the kitchen (which has happened about 4 times since we moved into the new house) every time he cooks at the stove, he mentions that we need a spoon rest. I think to myself, "Just put your spoon on the counter and we'll clean it up later." But alas, the man wants a spoon rest. And it just so happens that the modern anniversary gift for 5 years is silverware, so a spoon rest seemed to fit the bill perfectly.

Stick with me and a spoon rest shall be yours!
I wasn't in the picture taking mood til we took showers before going out to dinner so you can't see the look of excitement on Chris' face when he opened the most awesome spoon rest ever but he actually got a pretty good kick out of it. We're all about the humor over here!


We actually had the same idea of where to go for dinner (same brain!), we went to where we had our first date, Zia's on the Hill. We did have to wait a little while but I got to enjoy a nice glass of wine.  When they were seating us, they almost took us to the exact same spot we sat in 5 years ago, which I only remember because it was in the corner right by the kitchen...we felt like we were at the kids' table because of how close it was to other tables and kind of tucked into the corner. The people who were sat right before us got that table, we got a lovely 4 top...no kids' table for us!

We branched out a little bit and ordered the seafood ravioli, which was freakin' amazeballs. We we're a little hesitant since we love regular toasted ravioli so much but this stuff was goooood. It was stuffed with crab and shrimp and served with a lemon butter sauce. I kept with tradition and ordered fettuccine and Chris got the steak...we are nothing but predictable when it comes to food choices. Overall, good eats for a relatively low cost - $50 for an appetizer, two entrees, two glasses of wine, and a soda.

All in all, a nice little day spent with the man I love and now share a home with. Everyday is a new adventure and I am so glad to have him by my side. Ok, enough mushiness and here's to another 5 years and many more!

You Might Also Like

0 comments