Here Comes the Bride

Sunday, May 01, 2011

One of my best pals is getting married in just 28 days. I am thrilled to take part in her big day and stand by her side. Saturday was the first of many wedding festivities to take place over the next four weeks, the bridal shower. Her maids of honor, Kathryn and Mary, did a fantastic job planning and executing a shower for Elyse that included not only her friends but both Elyse's (the bride) and Bill's (the groom) families. Getting 40+ people together is never an easy feat and they did a fantastic job. The theme was April Showers which was definitely fitting considering the 10+ inches of rain we have gotten in the past couple of weeks.

Look at some of the great details they put together.


This cake was made by Kathryn's mom, she crafted all the umbrellas and flowers out of fondant. It was an awesome centerpiece for the dessert and favor table.


We also had mini petits fours from a bakery in Florissant. Petits Fours have a special place in Elyse and many of her bridesmaid's hearts, they were a special treat in college and it was great to incorporate them into the shower. Her new surname will be Huber so that is what the "H" is for. :)

Another great idea from the groom's sister. These flower pots came with a package of flower seeds and candy. I plan on planting mine as soon as I can get some potting soil.

My camera blows but this umbrella banner was adorbs...it says Bill & Elyse. Kathryn and Mary also put different umbrellas around the house with pictures of Bill and Elyse on them from throughout their years together.


This is the bride modeling her new apron my grandma made her. It turned out that the dishes she picked out somewhat matched the fabric I chose for her apron. I heart great coincidences!

I have to admit, Elyse has pretty good looking bridal party ;) We are so excited to be a part of her day and can't wait to celebrate with her and her lucky new hubby. All in all it was a great Saturday afternoon. Now we get to look forward to rocking out on her bachelorette party in downtown STL. I feel some serious shopping coming on, a new dress, accessories, some shoes perhaps? Not to mention an outfit for the rehearsal dinner as well. Oh my pocketbook is going to hurt after this month...but I would happily spend thousands of dollars to support my friend. The countdown has begun and I can't wait!

You Might Also Like

0 comments