Weekend Projects and Coupons

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Tomorrow marks the third week of living in our casa and things are coming along nicely. Today, despite the heat I got to work clearing out the spare bedroom. We didn't turn on the air this weekend even though temperatures outside reached the mid 80s so I definitely worked up quite a sweat emptying and carrying boxes to other parts of the house. That bedroom is the only one left to paint so hopefully that will get done within the next two weeks....if only I had the energy to tackle painting after school on weekdays, but that seems like a pretty tall order, I'm pretty beat after getting  home from work.

Friday, my extremely handy aunt and uncle visited and helped install a new garbage disposal and kitchen faucet. Our old one leaked whenever you turned it on so replacing it was at the top of the to-do list.

They also hooked up the ice maker and took care of the bird situation in the kitchen. We had some birds nesting in our exhaust fan that was causing feathers and other debris to fall onto our oven...pretty disgusting. And hearing chirping birds in the kitchen is not exactly what I call music to my ears. It was a pretty easy fix, they cut a board to fit the hole of the exhaust fan and screwed it in. Hit the Easy button on that one.

So far nothing else has broken except for some burnt out light bulbs which is just a little frustrating because one burns out, I go to Target by one bulb, replace it and THEN another decides to go out. Did you know Sam's has great prices on light bulbs? I couldn't believe it. I paid $5.37 for one light GE Energy Smart Light Bulb at Target. Yesterday I bought an 8 pack of the same light bulbs (60 watt) for only $2.36! That's less than .30 cents a bulb! I was certain the price was wrong but the price was confirmed at checkout. So go ahead lights, burn out all ya want, I got plenty!

Speaking of good deals, anyone watch Extreme Couponing on TLC last week? Oh man, Chris and I were just amazed. These people were buying $600 worth of groceries and paying less than $20 (in most cases less than $10) for all of it. Unbelievable. Chris was getting a little annoyed however being someone that works in retail. He feels people who coupon to the point of what we saw on the show are abusing the system and to some point I agree...do you really need 36 bottles of Maalox? But coupons are there and so many people just throw them away, it really is like free money towards the products you buy, you just have to take the time to use them. I have been using coupons for about a year now and thoroughly enjoy saving extra money at Target and the grocery store. And I never shop for clothes without using a coupon first. This weekend I was buying candles at Bath and Body Works which were regularly $19.50 each but were on sale 2 for $20. I had a coupon for 20% off my purchase so I picked up a pretty candle holder for free along with a travel size body splash for free as well due to another coupon.
Gotta love free!



Well, the laundry is calling my name, gotta have something to wear this week. Have a good one, I'll be back with more!

You Might Also Like

0 comments