Officially Official

Sunday, March 13, 2011

It is a done deal...my loan for the house was approved on Friday, we close on the 21st at 10am. All of my worrying for nothing! I don't think it has quite hit me that I will be a homeowner in one week. Overwhelmed doesn't even begin to describe how I feel at the moment, thank goodness my realtor had the foresight to schedule closing for the first day of my spring break. I will have a whole 7 days to set up shop before adding work into the mix. Hopefully we will be able to get a lot accomplished, the to-do list is ever growing and so far tasks include:

  • Cleaning every square inch of the house before moving a stitch of furniture into the place.
  • Painting two bedrooms and a bathroom
  • Painting the kitchen countertops (a project I will give more deets about later, but it's gonna be good!)
  • Setting up most utilities (which hopefully will get done this week, TV and internet are already scheduled)
  • Painting 2 dressers and 2 nightstands for the bedroom.
  • Shopping for the basics - food and toiletry items.
  • Begin furniture shopping - starting with the living room
  • Move furniture and personal items from both Chris and I's current residence.
I feel tired after just writing that list. Our goal is to be staying at the house by the weekend so I can at least be comfortable with getting into a new routine for work.

I went furniture window shopping this weekend and found some pieces but made the big realization that I am having a hard time deciding on what I actually like. I know I like dark woods almost to the point of black but I keep being attracted to dark brown furniture which I think will turn my living room into dark dungeon even with a lot of natural light from the two windows.

I also did some paint shopping and fortunately I know what I like a little more when it comes to paint. The bathroom in the new house is a shocking royal blue...like you walk in and turn into Joey Lawrence, "WOAH!" I plan on toning it down and making it a much more calm shade of aqua blue with brown, tan, and white accents. The bedrooms I am still deciding but they will go from dark chocolate brown and white to something more neutral, a light grey or green is what I'm thinking. The living room, dining room, kitchen, and basement are all a tan color which I am keeping for now.

Pictures will definitely be up soon once we close or buy some furniture. This week of school better fly by because I am ready for vacation!

You Might Also Like

0 comments