Sad But Happy Valentine's

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Well this week was probably one of the worst I have had in awhile, I was sick, had a crappy weekend, and oh did I mention I was sick? As my previous post alluded to I had some awful flu/bronchitis deal that is still keeping me down and not feeling the best. I had a sub Tuesday and half a day Thursday and I haven't graded any papers, my classroom looks like a war zone. I am particularly anal when it comes to leaving my classroom to go home for the night...I line up all the desks just right, pick up all the trash (because 8th graders have no idea that trash cans exist), erase the boards, and make sure my desk is cleared off so I can start the next day off fresh without any clutter. None of that happened last week. I am surprised you can still see the floor in my classroom, thank goodness for the night custodian who does sweep after I leave each day, otherwise I probably would have been ankle deep in paper. But I must move on and get back on track, it's a new week full of freshness.


But on a much more positive note, our friends Natalie and Joel got engaged yesterday! Her ring was gorgeous and he also proposed with a puppy! A cute little dachshund that she is calling Bernard for the moment. Lots of people are getting married this year and next and I suppose that is how it is going to be for awhile, I am just going to have to get used to it. Oh! even more good news, I got $1000 loan forgiveness which in the scheme of things isn't a ton of money but it is some! Oh and I had an interview with the Parkway School District....well it was just a screening but that is one step closer to finding a new job. Well I have got to get to planning, hopefully there is enough time in this day.

You Might Also Like

0 comments