#6

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Tired doesn't even begin to describe how I feel.

I contemplated going to bed while it was still light out.

After not standing for longer than 10 minutes all summer, I had to ice my back and feet when I got home


Despite feeling like I've been run over, these kids seem pretty awesome. This is the first where I had students introduce themselves on their own and say thank you while leaving class. Manners tell me quite a bit how a year is going to go and something tells me this crop of kids is going to be great!

My funny student first day story - I was standing in the hall, herding kids into class when one obviously lost child walks past me.

Me: Can I help you find where you're going?
Student: I'm going to Science on the Red Team.
Me: Well that is in the other hallway. Can I check your schedule to help you out?

After examining the student's schedule it appears he is actually an 8th grader - he had all 8th grade teachers listed on his schedule.

Me: Well you're supposed to be in 8th grade, do you know how to get there?
Student: But I'm a 6th grader!

He had picked up his older brother's schedule by accident this morning! The look on that kid's face was sheer terror when I told him he should be over in 8th grade!

To all my teacher friend's going back this week, remember to have fun and wear comfortable shoes!

Sig

You Might Also Like

0 comments