MIA

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Where in the world have I been? In a blink four months has flown by and I can't believe it. I want to say so much has happened in the past four months but really it has been pretty routine. I started my new job at West Middle and I loooooove it! It was a little bumpy at first but I got the kinks worked out pretty quick. I am amazed at how much I am learning while working in this district, they really do value their teachers and it shows. However with the start of the new year it also means ANOTHER job hunt. I knew going into this school year that I would have to look but I am really feeling downtrodden...I mean I love my job. It sucks that things like one-year contracts even exists but it got me some great experience to add to my resume. Here's hoping that another middle school in the district has a place for me. I am even adding another certification (Elementary....yikes!) just to widen some possibilities.

Chris and I are doing great, slowly but surely trying to make some progress in starting a life together. Hopefully he will finish school this May, even though it is just a piece of paper I will feel so much better once he is done. He only has 6 more hours and he will have his Bachelor's, he can not give up now. I am officially tired of being asked when we're getting engaged...it is a lovely thought but just because two people have been together for a somewhat lengthy amount of time does not mean they need to put a ring on it. My mantra simply is, "Slow and steady wins the race."

I am off work for the next week so I will try to get back in this swing of writing somewhat regularly because I really do enjoy it. I can't believe I have had this blog for a year...wow! It's going to be 2010...does anyone ever stop and think, "Where is my flying car?"

You Might Also Like

0 comments