A Real Vacation

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

It finally came and went, my vacation to St. Pete Beach, Florida. I can't even begin to describe how wonderful it was, to be on the beach with Chris for seven whole days was just what the doctor ordered. I was a little nervous before leaving because this was the first trip I had planned and paid for all on my own, no mom and dad dropping me off at the airport, just me and my boo off on our own.
The flight went rather well, a little turbulent but nothing I haven't handled before. The clouds were pretty thick when we left St. Louis and made for a neat picture.
Next big hurdle was the hotel, we booked a small little inn about two blocks away from the beach that was rated as #1 in the area by TripAdvisor.com which is all based off reviews of people that had stayed there. We were delighted to stay at the Gulf Tides Inn which was a big relief to me. I was hoping and praying that it was going to be as good as all the reviews said it was. If you ever travel to the St. Petersburg area this place is an amazing find and a great deal!

Harry the Heron at our beautiful pool at the Gulf Tides Inn

We did a variety of things while we were there, we went to the beach, rode the awesome roller coasters at Busch Garden and felt like little kids playing on the all the water slides at Adventure Island. We also ate like kings! There was the best meat market really close to where we were staying and we got the most delicious filet mignon and twice baked potatoes. Not to mention all the great seafood we ate while on the beach. We couldn't believe how fast the time went, we felt like we had just unpacked when it was already time to come home again. I know the memories from this vacation will definitely get me through the upcoming months ahead...I don't even want to think about winter! Here are some pictures from the trip.

Chris and I at Adventure Island

Sunset on Upham Beach



If you want to see all the pictures, check out my Facebook album.

You Might Also Like

0 comments