It's Summertime!

Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day weekend usually marks the beginning of summer for most and as far as I am concerned it does for me too even though I have one and a half days of school to get through. My classroom is pretty much packed and the grades are done. I am not really sure what the point of making up these snow days are...I hate saying that I am just bullshiting to get through the day but my kids are about as interested as I am in being at school tomorrow and Wednesday. We do have some fun things planned though, we're celebrating Memorial Day tomorrow because it does tie in with my Civil War unit so it is really nice timing and it keeps the day focused on academics not wearing my patience down to its' last thread. On Wednesday we are doing a tug o'war, karoke, and yearbook signing....pretty much the day will be spent outside, I have already made a sacrifice to the weather gods because if I have to deal with 125 8th graders indoors on the last day of school I may need medication!


It is almost surreal to think I don't have to go to work for 3 months. I mean after Wednesday I am just free. My thoughts keep reverting back to "I should have gotten a summer job," but why not take the time off? I worked damn hard this year and whileI know other "regular" folks don't get a summer off, that is the choice we all made... I make less money and don't have work in the summer, you make more but don't get a summer off...I don't feel guilty although sometimes I feel like my friends think I should be, just a feeling I get sometimes. 

The upcoming weekends are certainly busy, my sorority sister Allyson is getting married on the 13th and our annual Lake Trip is quickly approaching, only 25 more days. And Chris and I's trip to Florida is soon after July 
15-22nd. I can't wait!

And before I go, I just have to say America got it
 right on the money with making Kris Allen the
 new American Idol. Adam Lambert is a great
 entertainer and I enjoyed
 watching him but Kris was my fav all along. I have had a bit of the Idol fever this past week, downloading quite a few songs off iTunes and watching my DVR'd finale episode more than once.

Alright, now I am off...everyone have a great week and Happy Memorial Day! Thanks to those who give of themselves to provide for the good of everyone in this country.

You Might Also Like

0 comments