The Curious Case of a Freaking Fantastic Movie

Tuesday, December 30, 2008


Chris and I went and saw
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button last night and it probably was one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. I really wasn't sure if I was excited about seeing it but we were looking for something to do late last night and it was one of the only things playing at 11pm. 


Now I am an emotional person, I can admit that...but I have never cried through an entire movie, NEVER. But last night I literally cried for two and half hours as Brad Pitt aged backward. The movie was absolutely beautiful to watch and the story was interesting. At first I was horribly turned off at the beginning of the movie which begins in a hospital in Louisiana just as Hurricane Katrina is starting to make landfall, it was little slow and I didn't know if I would be able to handle the close ups of a decrepid and dying Cate Blanchett, breathlessly telling her daugter about Benjamin Button. But soon I was fully engrossed in the life a Benjamin Button and his love Daisy as he aged younger and she aged older. I will tell you that I have a weird soft spot for old people, especially old men. I can't stand to see old men struggling, sad, or anything like that, it just makes me cry. So that was probably a big part of why Benjamin Button made me cry so much. I have never been a huge Brad Pitt fan, but I think he did an excellent job in this film. Go see it if you have the chance.

You Might Also Like

0 comments