Sneak Peek: Project Table

Monday, February 20, 2012

I've been busy this Presidents Day, building and prepping my new project table!

 Excited doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about this baby. I am ecstatic! I keep going downstairs just to stare at my handy work.

Update: I finished the project table (like a month later but hey it's done!) Check it out here!

The design might look familiar...a quick search for "craft table" on Pinterest will bring up plans for the lovely Modern Craft Table by Alaskan furniture goddess, Ana White.


The plan to make this table has been on the books since the beginning of the year and this weekend was finally the right time to get to work. My very handy aunt helped me put it all together and it was really quite simple. However, I have to make a huge disclaimer. I had all of my wood cut for me at the hardware store. The only tools I own are a hammer and screwdriver so cutting huge pieces of lumber just wasn't doable for me. Luckily, the awesome folks at Hackmann Lumber helped me out by cutting everything perfectly to size. They even labeled all the pieces so I wouldn't have to remeasure. Some truly awesome customer service!

Right now I am in the prepping stage for painting my new table, filling screw holes, caulking seams, sanding, and priming. This is the first time I have ever used oil based primer...the label was not kidding when it said to use in a well ventilated area. Holy fumes, Batman! Luckily, I'm still breathing but just a little lightheaded. Not too different than usual ;)

I'll be back with the finished product hopefully by the end of this week even though it absolutely crazy town this week at school, two nights of parent teacher conferences, a field trip to the botanical gardens, and I am teaching my first ever online class tonight. But it will be so worth it to get it finished!


What did you do this long weekend? Tackle any projects that you've meaning to get done for some time? Or did you get your party on for Mardi Gras? Tell me all about it!

You Might Also Like

2 comments