Something About Summer

Friday, May 27, 2016

It's here.

My 8th summer "vacation".

I've wrote before about how teaching affords you that new year feeling every single year. New students, new strategies, new supplies (!). That feeling will never wear off.

Another feeling that will never fade - the excitement of summer.

8ish weeks of almost not stepping foot inside the walls of a classroom. My last day was one week ago and already I feel like the time is passing too quickly.


For the first time, I'm not taking a million workshops that my district offers - only two that I voluntarily signed up for and two that were mandatory. I passed on teaching summer school but instead signed up for 12 hours of graduate credit so my head will be in the books.

But I still want to make it a productive summer. A fun summer. A summer that makes me feel rested and ready to take on another school year.

Dress: Rent the Runway

The first week has been great - a colleague's wedding, Blues playoff game, dinner with friends, hit the gym 3x, crossed a couple of things of to-do list that have been hanging there for a couple of months waiting for school to let out.



I hope to keep my momentum up all summer long. My goals include:

  • refinancing the house
  • going the gym at least 3x a week. I joined the Y in February to take advantage of the water exercise classes. Good for my arthritis!
  • overhauling our closets
  • completing my Master's + 30
  • blogging some wedding/honeymoon details
  • trying out a few new to us restaurants around the neighborhood
Summertime and the livin' is easy! What do your summer plans include?




You Might Also Like

0 comments