Summer Reading

Friday, June 10, 2011

Ah...gotta love summer. Lazy days to relax by the pool, sipping cold drin - er, wait, this doesn't sound like my summer yet. My first week of summer school is in the books and lets just say I am glad that is over, only three more to go!

I have gotten to enjoy a little bit of relaxation in the evenings since our DirecTV service decides when it wants to work...so frustrating. Hopefully a service call scheduled for Tuesday will take care of our issues but until then I am watching tv intermittently.

Summer is usually the only time I find myself reading for pleasure and it is no different this year. My co-teacher and I are making the kids read for twenty minutes a day during summer school so in order to set a good example I picked up a book as well. I finally jumped on the bandwagon and started to read....Twilight.

 Nothing like waiting 6 years to see what all the hub-bub is about. I had seen the movie which I thought was alright but I still don't find Kristen Stewart or Robert Pattison to be all that mesmerizing. However, the book was SO much better than the movie and I usually don't think that often. The characters were so well developed and that was completely lost in the movie. I had no idea how swept up Bella was by Edward almost to the point of not being able to breathe in his presence. Kristen Stewart was just uber-awkward. Overall, a very good read. Hopefully I can get my hands on Eclipse, New Moon, and Breaking Dawn over the summer...I think I will be well entertained.

Also, on my reading list is pretty much every book that has been made in to a movie this summer, The Help, Something Borrowed, and Water for Elephants just to name a few. Are you reading anything good this summer?

You Might Also Like

0 comments