Frappuccino Layout

Monday, June 28, 2010

So, my first shot at something somewhat original. I was "inspired" to create this page by a Starbucks Frappuccino ad I saw in this month's Cosmo (and I may have been inspired because I am making my students do an inspiration page too and they didn't "get" it so I had to make a sample, HA!) It is going to be the beginning page of Chris and I's anniversary scrapbook.

I am still not fantastic at photographing my work (I blame my camera for that!) but here is tonight's creation. I cut the scalloped heart from the Sweethearts cartridge at 9" and the accompanying shadow at the same height.The "4" and "years" came from the Blackletter cartridge at 3" and 2" respectively and added a black shadow.

I tried a new product today after spending two hours at Archiver's (oops!) this afternoon, Tattered Angels Screen Prints which you can use with their Glimmer Mist. I bought and used both the classic accents with Black Magic glimmer mist. Stamping is something completely new to me so I am not exactly sure what is "right" but I thought this looked pretty good and achieved the effect that I wanted, vintage-y (that's a word, right?) I also used Gypsy Style 2 stamps from Stampology inside and around the heart. I finished it up by hand drawing some doodles and glue-dotting the ribbon/key accent.


The inspiration (above) 

The result (below)



You Might Also Like

0 comments